Joshua Cotter updated his Facebook status on October 25, 2010 with the frightening news that his apartment was the victim of a neighboring apartment fire. It seems their neighbor had left a candle burning.
Thankfully, Josh, his girlfriend and his cats all came out of it rather OK. As well, most of their possessions were spared. (Other than having to clean EVERYTHING, and then pack those items for storage.) They lost things like their bed and some other furniture.
Unfortunately, they didn’t have renter’s insurance. And expenses have been adding up (renting a truck, days off from work).
So, if you like Josh’s work, might I suggest a few ways to help.
First, the items he’s selling on his site weren’t damaged by the fire, and are still for sale. Josh told me that he will be updating this page in the coming days, so check back if you have any interest. You can always get him to draw you something, too.
Second, we here at AdHouse will give Josh 100% of the sales for the following items during the next three weeks (11/1 – 11/22):
So, if you can help, it would be appreciated. Josh is a good guy, and I hate to see stuff like this happen to good people. Spread the word, if you can.